piątek, 3 stycznia 2014

The One with the Sentimental Mummy

It was Sunday evening. I was walking home after spending weekend away at University in Warsaw. I was exhausted after so many hours of listening and taking notes and remembering the stuff I wanted to forget the minute I heard them. And 2,5hr bus ride.
The village was so quiet and deserted. It brought back the memories of the times when I was maybe 6 or 7 and The Dynasty was on. Every Sunday at 5pm there would be no one on the streets. Entire village were glued to the TVs watching the intrigues between Crystal Carrington and Alexis. 
The snow was quietly falling down on the iced pavement and crunching beneath my feet. If I'd stay still I could probably hear the snowflakes landing. I looked at our house, warm light seeping through the living room window, my little boy probably playing with his new train set inside and I felt pure happiness. I had a place I could call "home". There were people waiting for me inside, with a hot dinner and a cup of tea ready to warm my cold hands. And most of all, there was this little man whose face would lit up when he sees me, saying "Mama" in this tiny, sweet voice of his. Warm, soft arms would wrap around my legs and wouldn't let go.

Later on, when I was putting him to bed he pointed to the pillow next to his saying:" Mama, here". "You want me to lay next to you?' I asked. 'uhm' he smiled. Then he grabbed my hand and laid his cheek on it forcing me to kneel next to his bed. I had no choice but to put my head next to his. And we just laid there, with one eye buried in the pillow, staring at each other with the other eye, our noses almost touching. 'Mama.Adam' he kept repeating happy that I was so close to him. I stayed like that until he's eyelids become too heave to keep them up. Slowly I retreated my numb hand from underneath him and left the room. I left the door ajar and watched him falling asleep. The most beautiful sight in the world.



I left my little boy at my parents' today hoping to get some stuff done while I'm alone. I despise these exams. They rob me from that precious time I could be spending with my little boy and no, I do not feel any wiser. I know I will forget all of it as soon as I put the pen down after the last exam is finished. 

Brak komentarzy:

Prześlij komentarz