niedziela, 20 października 2013

The One with the 2nd Birthday



My sweet boy turns 2 today. And I'm not with him. I'm in a basement of this futuristic building of linguistics department listening about assets, debentures and Indian import.  All I want to do is to hug him tight, kiss his warm cheecks and whisper to his ear so only he can hear:' thank you, thank you, thank you. For appearing in my life, for making it the best adventure ever. Ther is no way to discribe how much I love you'. 
I've never thought one can love that much. That pure, non- egoistic overwhelming  unconditional love. He makes every waking hour THE hour of my life, turning ordinatr things into an awsomeness. 

Because I'm not there I organised his b'day party last week. First birthday was for us, adults. He couldn't really care less about it back then, so I wanted to ensure that his 2nd was all for him. I invited his little cousins (who are only a year older than him, so they were on the same page) and a friend and set off into turning my mind into a toddler's one. What would they like to eat? How make it more appealing to them? There was one HUGE fan of meat only and a 4 yo vegetable eater (going into the garden and eating a raw courgette is no news for him). I searched the Internet, mums' blogs, Pinterest and came up with few ideas. I may have gone overboard a little but hey, it's better to have leftovers than toddlers screaming for more food. I settled for colorful, easy to pick, almost no mess food.

As for the birthday cake. Last year I mead this tractor so now I needed something else. Tigger is still a huge fan of farming so tractor, harvester but also a digger and a crane. The choices were endless. I've decided on a harvester and started to draw some pictures of the cake. But then they started to excave the street in front of hour house. Tigger would spend hours i. Front of the window watching incoming the trucks and a DIGGER. Every day we would go to the construcrion site to watch it working. Well, it was pretty obvious I has ro change my concept right? I ordered yellow and black food coloring and set off. I have ro say it was easier to make than I thought and I was really pleased with the result. What do you think?

On Saturday night the additional ideas started to pour so I made as well a paper train for snacks as a decoration (knowing Tigger loves trains as well), and some deecorations, and thank you gifts for the kids. It's not a custome we have here in Poland and juging from the reading it's a real course abroad. However I wanted the kids to have something small to take with them home. And because it would be done for the fist time there was no bar I has to match. Anything would do. I made paper barnlike bags for them with small construction cars for bys and dolls for girls. I baked as well sponge bears with chocolate. 

Brak komentarzy:

Prześlij komentarz